
The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has approved new fares for Nigerian pilgrims intending to perform the 2027 Hajj, with the cost ranging from N7,560,822 to N7,882,822, depending on the pilgrims’ departure zones.The commission announced the approved fares in a public notice issued on Friday, explaining that the figures were approved by the Federal Government after consultations with the Forum of State Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards and other key stakeholders involved in the Hajj operation.NAHCON said the fares were determined after considering prevailing exchange rates, the cost of services in Saudi Arabia and other expenses associated with organising the annual pilgrimage.Under the approved fare structure, pilgrims departing from the Maiduguri/Yola Zone will pay N7,560,822. Those travelling from the Northern Zone will pay N7,672,822, while pilgrims from the Southern Zone will pay the highest fare of N7,882,822.The commission explained that the different fares were based on the various departure zones and the associated costs involved in transporting and providing services to pilgrims from each zone.According to NAHCON, the approved rates were arrived at based on the principles of transparency and cost efficiency, while also reflecting the Federal Government’s commitment to protecting the welfare and interests of Nigerian pilgrims.The commission also directed intending pilgrims who had already deposited N5 million towards the 2027 Hajj to pay their outstanding balances to complete their registration and secure their participation.It advised new intending pilgrims to make their payments through their respective State Muslim Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards, agencies or commissions. Payments may also be made through approved Hajj Savings Scheme participating banks.NAHCON further announced September 26, 2026, as the final deadline for the complete upload of the biometric data of intending pilgrims on the designated Nusuk-Masar digital platform.The commission said the deadline was in line with the policy of the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah and warned that there would be no extension.It also fixed December 2, 2026, as the deadline for all states to complete the remittance of the approved 2027 Hajj fares.NAHCON explained that timely remittance was necessary because data synchronisation and seat allocation for pilgrims depend on the completion of payments within the stipulated period.The commission therefore warned states and intending pilgrims that failure to meet the deadlines could lead to the forfeiture of allocated Hajj slots.NAHCON urged all relevant authorities, state pilgrim welfare boards and intending pilgrims to comply with the payment and biometric registration deadlines to ensure a smooth preparation for the 2027 pilgrimage.